What are Mis-sold Pensions?
Are You a Victim of Pension Mis-Selling?
Pensions have been widely mis-sold by Financial advisers, banks and other financial institutions.
UK regulators have noted a dramatic rise in the number of complaints relating to pensions, with millions in refunds paid out and banks paying large fines as a result. How do you know if you are a victim?
As a starting point, Pension advisers have very strict codes of practice to follow. However, the basic principle is that you may have been a victim where you were sold your pension unfairly, or not made aware of better options. You may have been mis-sold where:
- You were not Given Enough Information – You were not given all of the information required to make an informed decision.
- Your Pension Pack contained misleading information – If your pension plan contained detailed information about the new pension plan, but in some instances the information has been found to be misleading. For example, your financial adviser could have included examples of case studies that made you believe that you would receive a certain level of pay out while this was not the case.
- You were given the Wrong Option – You were advised to take out a personal pension, but a company scheme would have given you a better deal. You were advised to transfer from a Final Salary Company Pension.
- SIPP – You were advised to transfer your pension to a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP).
- Your new pension was not compared to a low-cost stakeholder pension. Or you were transferred to a pension with a lower tax-free cash limit.
- Didn’t Shop Around for Deals – You were pressured into taking out the new pension and not given the opportunity to shop around for the best deal.
- Ongoing Support and Fees – You were not given annual reviews, ongoing support and projections, and / or charged ongoing servicing fees.
- You were advised to invest in non-standard assets – Such as carbon credits, green oil, overseas property, storage pods, ethical forestry, car park schemes?
- Health & Medical Issues – The adviser failed to take into account your health and medical issues or failed to ask.
If any of the above points apply to you, it is likely you could apply for mis-sold pension compensation with the help of our Pension Claimline.
"Pension Claimline made the claims process simple and easy with the support and guidance I needed"
Mr N Boston
Start your claim today
Mis-Sold Pension Advisors “Watch list”
Thousands of Financial Advisers and institutions are facing a flood of complaints about mis-sold pensions.
The list below contains just some of the advisers that have already been held accountable for Mis Sold Pension Claims. There are thousands of other advisers that are not on this list, but are also being held accountable. Please note that you can still claim for compensation, EVEN IF THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR WHO SOLD THE PENSION TO YOU IS NO LONGER TRADING.
- Greyfriars Asset Management LLP
- C3 Financial Services Ltd formerly Foyle & Lagan
- Grainger & Co Financial Services
- Consumer Wealth
- Foreman Financial Services
- Berkeley Burke SIPP Administration Limited
- Financial Page Limited
- 1 Stop Financial Services
- CIB Life & Pensions Limited
- Cumulus Investment Management Limited
- The Lifetime SIPP Company
- Shah Wealth Management
- Active Wealth (UK)
- Kynaston-Carnoustie Financial Consultancy Ltd
- Luapkram Limited (Ashton Hoyle)
- Total Wealth Solutions Limited
- Kingsland Financial Management
- SFIA Limited
- My IFA Friend
- Build your Wealth Ltd
- Cherish Wealth Management
- Douglas Baillie Limited
- Carter Henderson Associates Limited
- Baker Wainwright
- Blue Infinitas
- Pengwern Wealth Management
- Hennessy Jones
- Asquith Hart Financial Management LLP
- Choices Financial Services Limited
- Moneywise Financial Advisors Limited
- Aspen Financial Planning
- Precise Advice Partnership LLP
- Bank House Investment Management Ltd
- Strand Capital
- Beaufort Securities
- Knightsbridge Financial Management
- Strachan and Windram
- Guinness Mahon
- Alderley Asset Management Limited
Simple and clear pension claim steps
Each case is different however we will try to outline the process as clearly as possible. We offer pension mis-selling advice to anyone in the UK, covering England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Call us Free on 0800 825 0800, or fill in the simple request a callback form, or you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simple Claim Set Up!
No lengthy paperwork, just a simple claim form. No Win No fee, no matter how long or complex your case may be.
Step by Step Procedure
After you have completed your initial inquiry we will send you a simple claim form to complete and return to us.